Thursday, April 14, 2011

Paying Too Much For Your Cell Phone?

Ever since I purchased my Iphone, I haven't seen a bill less than $100.  In the beginning I had no complaints, because I figured that's the price you pay for cutting edge technology.  But over time, I felt dooped....especially when Cricket launched it's unlimited text, voice and data plan for only $55/month.

A monthly savings of $60 was enough for me to reconsider how attached I was to my Iphone.   But before I took a leap off the deep end, I called AT&T to discuss my service plan.  After only 5 minutes of evaluating my usage and learning about new features, I was able to lower my bill to only $60/month, including tax. Impressive, I know!  Here's how I did it.

I changed my unlimited talk feature to 450 minutes, free nights and weekends.  In addition to that I changed my data plan to the data plus plan, 200MB.  Why did I choose those options?

Did you know that as of February 1st of this year, you can talk free mobile to mobile with anyone on any network?  It doesn't matter if you have T-mobile and I have AT&T, we talk for free, no minutes required.  With that said, who needs unlimited talk?  Not me.  The only instance you use minutes, is when you call a land line phone, home or business.  And for you Iphone users, did you know that Wi-Fi is also free?  Who needs unlimited data?  Not me.  and neither do you.

Don't let networks rob you blind and leave you paying more than you have to.   Unfortunately they don't inform customers of changes that will lower their monthly bill, so its up to you to stay on top of it.   Call your provider today and save.  If you're paying more than $60/month then you're paying too much!

No comments:

Post a Comment