Thursday, May 5, 2011

A Mother's Sacrifice

Today I received the cutest Mother's day text from a friend:


"I traded eyeliner for dark circles, salon hair cuts for ponytails and braids, long showers for hairy legs, late nights for early mornings, designer purses for diaper bags....and I wouldn't change a thing.  Moms don't care what we gave up and will continue to give up for our kids."  This is only a small example of the sacrifices mothers make for their children.


I'm sure every mom out there can identify with the text and understands how life changing motherhood can be.  It wasn't until I became a mother myself that I truly realized all the sacrifices my mother made to provide for me and my brother.  This reminder of her sacrifices makes me love her more than I could ever imagine.  I hope some day my child will appreciate me the same way.


To all of the mothers out there, I hope your Mother's Day is filled with many gifts of love and affection.  You deserve it!  From one mom to another...

No comments:

Post a Comment